Death in the Stars
- Yorkshire, 1927. Eclipse fever grips the nation,
- and when beloved theatre star Selina Fellini approaches trusted sleuth Kate Shackleton to accompany her to a viewing party at Giggleswick School Chapel, Kate suspects an ulterior motive.
- During the eclipse, Selina's friend and co-star Billy Moffatt disappears
- and is later found dead in the chapel grounds. Kate can't help but dig deeper and soon learns that two other members of the theatre troupe died in similarly mysterious circumstances in the past year. With the help of Jim Sykes and Mrs Sugden, Kate sets about investigating the deaths - and whether there is a murderer in the company.
- When Selina's elusive husband Jarrod comes back on the scene,
- - Jarrod who was injured in the war and is subject to violent mood swings - Kate begins to imagine something far deadlier at play, and wonders just who will be next to pay the ultimate price for fame...
Buying the Book
Death in the Stars will be published by Piatkus on October 5th 2017; it is available for order from Amazon in hardback or order it from any bookshop or library (ISBN: 978-0-3494-1430-0) The Kindle edition is also available for order.
The US edition will be published by Minotaur Books on February 13, 2018.
Header photograph, Ingenues arrive, Central Station, Sydney, 1928-1929, by Sam Hood from the collection of the State Library of New South Wales.